Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Science Fun in the Sun!

Before pursuing a career as a teacher, I wanted to pursue a career in Marine Science. I spent one summer interning at Atlantis Marine World out east in Riverhead, NY. I was a marine mammal assistant and worked with the animal trainers with the seals and sea lions. It was a great and enriching experience for me as an undergrad. I totally would have went through with it as a career, however the salary was 20K a year, aka (not financially stable enough for life on LI). So sadly, I gave up that dream for teaching, but I do hope that one day after retirement I will pursue that field again. Take a look at what Atlantis has to offer you!!!


www.atlantismarineworld.com

Definitely a great place to bring a class for an interactive day of science!!



No comments:

Post a Comment